Open to all ceramics majors currently enrolled in college • 14 week period (6-10 hours a week)
Please send a letter of interest, 4 images, and your resume to Alex Adams email@example.com
The internship program at AA Clay Studio & Gallery is designed to offer students a real world experience in the operations of a community clay studio. Our gallery space offers interns an opportunity to learn sales and marketing while the studio is a space to hone their skills as they answer questions from studio artists or assist one of our teachers. Our goal is to work with students to develop their skills individually. We offer flexible schedules and work with our interns to enhance their personal abilities and goals.
• Currently enrolled in college: junior or senior ceramics major.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Professional and patient.
• Knowledge of art materials and general care of studio space.
• A willingness and ability to learn new skills.
• Pursuit of a career in the arts.
• Work 8-10 hours a week to operate Open Studio hours & gallery sales.
• Assist studio staff with studio maintenance.
• Ensure that materials are well stocked, organized and easily accessible.
• Demonstrate proper equipment use and answer questions from studio artists.
• Assist with gallery sales and preparation for new exhibitions.
• Prepare mailings, price lists and signage for exhibitions.
• Update and organize artist files/gallery information.
• This is an unpaid position.
• Opportunity to use studio space/equipment to practice technique.
• Opportunity to have a gallery show at the end of program.
• Discounted clay and kiln firing costs.
• Letter of interest
• 4 images of your work
© 2017 AA Clay Studio & Gallery