Internship / Co-Op Program
Open to all ceramics majors currently enrolled in college
14-16 week period (400 hours)
Please send a letter of interest, 4 images, and your resume to Alex Adams email@example.com
The internship program at AA Clay Studio & Gallery is designed to offer students a real world experience in the operations of a community clay studio. Our gallery space offers interns an opportunity to learn sales and marketing while the studio is a space to hone their skills as they answer questions from studio artists or assist one of our teachers. Our goal is to work with students to develop their skills individually. We offer flexible schedules and work with our interns to enhance their personal abilities and goals.
• Currently enrolled in college: junior or senior ceramics major.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Professional and patient.
• Knowledge of art materials and general care of studio space.
• A willingness and ability to learn new skills.
• Pursuit of a career in the arts.
• Work up to 30 hours a week to assist in operations of open studio hours, gallery sales, and teaching.
• Assist studio staff with studio maintenance, loading and unloading kilns, mixing glazes.
• Ensure that materials are well stocked, organized and easily accessible.
• Demonstrate proper equipment use and answer questions from studio members and students.
• Assist with gallery sales, organization, and computer work.
• Update and organize artist files/gallery information.
• Depending on experience: student may be asked to help in production of ceramic art.
• Opportunity to have a gallery show at the end of program.
• Opportunity to use studio space and equipment for personal practice.
• A small stipend can be made available in addition to "in-kind" trade of materials, space, and services.
• Letter of interest
• 4 images of your work
© 2019 AA Clay Studio & Gallery