Internship / Co-Op Program
Open to all ceramics majors currently enrolled in college
14-16 week period (400 hours)
Please send a letter of interest, 4 images, and your resume to Alex Adams firstname.lastname@example.org
The internship program at AA Clay Studio is designed to offer students a real world experience in the operations of a community clay studio. Working in the studio will help to hone their skills as they answer questions from studio artists or assist one of our teachers. We work with our interns to enhance their personal abilities and goals. Our goal is to work with students to develop their unique skills individually.
• Currently enrolled in college: junior or senior ceramics major.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Professional and patient.
• Knowledge of art materials and general care of studio space.
• A willingness and ability to learn new skills.
• Pursuit of a career in the arts.
• Work up to 30 hours a week to assist in operations of open studio hours, special workshops, and teaching.
• Assist studio staff with studio maintenance, loading and unloading kilns, mixing glazes.
• Ensure that materials are well stocked, organized and easily accessible.
• Demonstrate proper equipment use and answer questions from studio members and students.
• Assist with office organization and computer work. Update email lists and other studio media.
• Depending on experience: student may be asked to help in production of ceramic art.
• Opportunity to use studio space and equipment for personal practice.
• Learn and practice at your own pace with help from studio director Alex Adams and others at the studio.
• A small stipend can be made available in addition to "in-kind" trade of materials, space, and services.
• Letter of interest
• 4 images of your work
© 2021 AA Clay - Ceramics Studio