AA Clay Studio is a shared working space with modern clay equipment. Our goal is to promote excellence in the field of ceramics by providing the necessary learning tools and equipment for personal development. In addition our classes we offer hand-made ceramics for sale and At-Home Clay-Kits perfect for working on crafts at home. The studio is an access point for emerging and practicing clay artists. We offer classes, private lessons, and group rates on the pottery wheel and hand building with clay. Resident Members pay a monthly fee to secure private shelf space and twenty-four hour studio access. Open Studio Members gain access during our scheduled hours. All members must have some experience working in a ceramics studio and be age 18 or older.
Open Hours: Tu: 10-2 We: 4-8 Th: 10-2 Sat: 11-5 Sun: 12-4
The studio was established by ceramic artist Alex Adams in 2013, it is staffed by Alex and other skilled craftspeople.
Why AA Clay Studio?
- We are a community of artists in Louisville, Kentucky and the surrounding area.
- We support each other by networking, advising, and encouraging.
- We offer dedicated artist support from our studio director and staff.
- Quality experience for students through the practice of effective clay technique.
- Studio Classes follow a syllabus that allows our students to learn core techniques in sequence.
- Open Studio hours allow students and local artists access for independent study.
- Visiting Artists offer resident and open studio members insight into advanced ceramic practices.
- Raku Workshop is an easy way to get involved and enjoy the community at AA Clay Studio.