AA Clay Studio & Gallery is a shared working space with modern clay equipment. Our goal is to promote excellence in the field of ceramics by providing the necessary learning tools and equipment for personal development. The studio is an access point for emerging and practicing clay artists. We offer classes, private lessons, and group events. Resident Members pay a monthly fee to secure private shelf space and twenty-four hour studio access. Open Studio Members gain access during our scheduled Open Studio hours.
The studio was established by ceramic artist Alex Adams in 2013, it is staffed by Alex and other skilled craftspeople. The gallery located at the front of the space showcases hand crafted ceramics from studio artists and master potters. We offer a selection of ceramic art in our Online Gallery.
Why AA Clay Studio?
- We are a community of artists in Louisville, KY and the surrounding area.
- We support each other by networking, advising, and encouraging.
- We offer dedicated artist support from our gallery curator, studio director, and staff.
- Open Studio hours allow students and local artists access for independent study.
- Visiting Artists offer resident and open studio members insight into advanced ceramic practices.
- Studio Classes follow a syllabus that allows our students to learn core techniques in sequence.
- Quality experience for students through the practice of effective clay technique.
- Classes remain small to allow the instructor time to help each student effectively.
- Raku Workshop is an easy way to get involved and enjoy the community at AA Clay Studio.
- Gallery gift-shop offers customers an assortment of hand crafted pottery and ceramic art for sale.
- Online Gallery is an opportunity to shop at home for great ceramic art and pick-up in store or have shipped to home.